At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The work location for this role will be in Truro, NS with territory from Amherst to New Glasgow
• Respond to corrective network problems, performing effective/efficient problem analysis, rapid troubleshooting diagnosis and prompt repair of equipment to ensure service restoral objectives are met.
• Coordinate with other Technicians and departments as required to obtain maintain service levels.
• Plan for and implement preventive maintenance routines to ensure network standards of performance are met.
• Perform cutovers and upgrades on the network as directed by work orders.
• Maintain "up-to-date" site documentation as outlined by the EWO initiative.
• Perform acceptance tests on newly installed sites and equipment to ensure results meet design specifications.
• Microwave and Transmission experience would be beneficial (e.g. DS1, DS2 ,DS3)
• Gain in depth knowledge of key quality service indicators in geographic area of responsibility.
• Optical Fibre, SONET and knowledge of TCP/IP is required.
• Participate in retune activities associated with network optimization and build activities.
• Maintain inventory of required parts and perform regular audits to ensure availability of parts.
• Administrative reporting of Mileage, Timesheet, Expenses, Equipment and Deficiency ticket updates etc.
• Test hand-offs, RSSI, transmit level on mobiles, dropped calls and investigate any changes.
• Document activities for future assessment analysis.
• Maintain current documentation of site status, complete trouble tickets, incident report and other required reports.
• Shift work, overtime, and 24 hour on-call support is required on a regular rotational basis. QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2-4 years of telecommunications experience.
• Diploma or Certificate in Electronics from a technical institute.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Demonstrated investigative, problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Standby, overtime and shift work is required.
• Ability to travel and work at various sites as required.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
• Available to travel periodically within Eastern Canada
• Experience with diesel and portable generators would be an asset
• Experience with use of off-road vehicles (ATV, skidoo) would be an asset.
• Ability to work in harsh climate conditions as required Schedule:
Full time Shift:
On Call Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
245 Robie Street (5156), Truro, NS Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Posting Category/Function:
Field Operations & Maintenance Requisition ID:
206333 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering Job Segment:
Technician, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Find similar jobs:
Operations and Logistics