Network Technician Co-Op
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we're proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let's make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:Wahat You will be doing:
Waht you have:
- Respond to corrective network problems, performing effective/efficient problem analysis, rapid troubleshootingdiagnosis and prompt repair of equipment to ensure service restoral objectives are met.
- Coordinate with other Technicians and departments as required to obtain maintain service levels.
- Plan for and implement preventive maintenance routines to ensure network standards of performance are met.
- Perform cutovers and upgrades on the network as directed by work orders.
- Maintain "up-to-date" site documentation as outlined by the EWO initiative.
- Perform acceptance tests on newly installed sites and equipment to ensure results meet design specifications.
- Microwave and Transmission experience would be beneficial (e.g. DS1, DS2 ,DS3)
- Gain in depth knowledge of key quality service indicators in geographic area of responsibility.
- Optical Fibre, SONET and knowledge of TCP/IP is required.
- Participate in retune activities associated with network optimization and build activities.
- Maintain inventory of required parts and perform regular audits to ensure availability of parts.
- Administrative reporting of Mileage, Timesheet, Expenses, Equipment and Deficiency ticket updates etc.
- Test hand-offs, RSSI, transmit level on mobiles, dropped calls and investigate any changes.
- Document activities for future assessment analysis.
- Maintain current documentation of site status, complete trouble tickets, incident report and other required reports.
- Shift work, overtime, and 24 hour on-call support is required on a regular rotational basis.
- Diploma or Certificate in Electronics from a technical institute.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated investigative, problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Standby, overtime and shift work is required.
- Ability to travel and work at various sites as required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Available to travel periodically within Eastern Canada
- Experience with diesel and portable generators would be an asset
- Experience with use of off-road vehicles (ATV, skidoo) would be an asset.
- Ability to work in harsh climate conditions as required
Day Length of Contract:
4 Months Work Location:
6080 Young St. 9th Floor (003), Halifax, NS Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Student/New Grad & Co-op Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Student and New Grad
Halifax, NS, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technician, Technology