Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Medical Laboratory Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Multi-Function Lab department.
Under the general direction of the Chief Medical Technologist, obtains and prepares specimens for routine analysis. Performs various routine Hematological, Microbiological, Biochemical and Immunohematological testing in accordance with Departmental Procedures. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days - Monday to Friday, 07:00 to 15:15, 08:00 to 16:15Haida Gwaii Hospital
is a eight acute bed facility and eight long-term care beds that serves the local population and residents of surrounding villages. Queen Charlotte is also home to the Haida Gwaii Cancer Care Clinic. Services include general practice and basic emergency, minor surgery, stabilization of trauma and critically ill patients, midwifery, alcohol and drug counselling, public health and social work services.Queen Charlotte
is located on the shores of the Skidegate Inlet on the southern end of Haida Gwaii with a population of 943 local residents. Queen Charlotte is a community full of art and culture. Gift shops and coffee shops scattered throughout the town display the works of various artists ranging from paintings, woodcarving, pottery, Haida carving, glass work and handmade clothing. Check out Queen Charlotte for more information on this amazing community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Graduate of an approved school of Medical Laboratory Technology and current Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science registration.
• One year recent related experience.
• Experience in all the above disciplines preferred. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.