At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Leveraging our collective skills, experiences and industry knowledge, KPMG helps clients identify and respond to the risks associated with the use of technology: internal information systems and applications, business processes and controls, large projects, data, third-party reliance and impacts of new emerging technologies to name a few. If you are a proven leader with demonstrable results advising in this field, we're looking to grow with you as a Manager in our Technology Risk Consulting practice. Hybrid What you will do
What you bring to the role
- As a Manager within our Technology Risk Consulting practice, you will lead a diverse and multidisciplinary team of technology and business consultants within a fast-paced environment. Within our team, no two days are the same and you thrive in this type of environment! Aligned with your diverse skills and experience, as a leader within our practice you'll provide strategic advice and guidance to clients on matters related to technology to senior stakeholders, including:
- Managing and mitigating risks and challenges presented by new and emerging technologies across a range of different organizations.
- IT in the external audit - the delivery of technology expertise in support of external audit engagements.
- System transformation - understanding the risks of new system and then managing the risks of implementation from design to implementation or conversion.
- Service organizational controls reporting - advising clients on SOC readiness and delivering the annual attestation (i.e. SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3)
- IT Internal Audit - advising through projects to address risk and bring value through topics such as IT risk assessments, IT governance, third party risk management, privacy, business resilience and continuity, project risk, cyber security, cloud adoption and security, block chain
- IT internal controls advisory - supporting the IT testing to assess internal control over financial programs, as part of IPO readiness reviews, SOX engagements (NI 52-109, SOX 404), etc.
- Data and analytics - unlocking the value of data to bring new insights and potential to decision making
- To deliver projects, you will:
- Proactively lead collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups, both internally within our firm and externally with clients, to drive successful delivery of projects on time and on-budget while focused on delivering value.
- Lead the planning and delivery of our services at clients leveraging our proven methodologies and tools.
- Participate or lead in in all aspects of service delivery including conducting research, performing technical testing, conducting interviews, writing reports, communicating regularly with clients and resources, performing quality reviews of work for other team members, etc.
- You will play an active role shaping and leading our talent agenda by:
- Leading engagement teams comprising a diverse range of technical and functional skills and provide coaching to successfully deliver for our clients and achieve desired outcomes.
- Serving as mentor and performance manager for junior staff focused on harnessing and growing their potential as future leaders.
- Remaining committed to growing your own skills, knowledge and capabilities.
- As a key member of our management team you will play an active role in:
- Driving business profitability on managed engagements.
- Driving new business growth through business development activities and relationships, identifying, promoting our services in the business community through presentations, pursuing opportunities and proposal development.
- Championing our internal risk management processes by ensuring quality through your reviews and project oversight.
Keys to your success:
- You have relevant post-secondary education. This should be a bachelor's or master's degree or diploma in finance, computer science, business or any other discipline where you can demonstrate transferable skills.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risks ideally within a large organization or consulting/advisory practice.
- Completion of relevant professional certifications are considered highly advantageous (e.g., CPA/CA/CMA/CGA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, CRMA, CIA).
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging technology risks (cloud computing, agile development, data analytics, etc), controls, approaches to respond or mitigate these risks and audit principles with the ability to tailor the approach and application based on project and stakeholder needs.
- Understanding of relevant standards and frameworks such as COBIT, COSO, NIST etc.
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in leadership, supervising teams and/or managing projects.
- Canada security clearance (Level 1 or 2), or the ability to apply and secure it (as it is a requirement for many of our clients).
- Ability to work within Canada.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.