Requisition ID: 49282
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
When you join our Customer Contact Centre, you're joining an internationally recognized, award-winning workplace that has been 186 years in the making, and poised to deliver superior customer care in the future! You're positioning yourself to build a career with a respected financial institution that is Canada's most international bank. You're ready to enjoy and support a corporate culture built around recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and the core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
Your opportunities for professional growth will be supported by banking leaders focused on long-term success. You'll apply the skills gained from these mentors when you work on Bank initiatives that make a difference in our communities and with customers across the country. From day one on the job, you'll enjoy a comprehensive suite of customizable benefits, including an Incentive Plan, Pension, Employee Share Ownership and Group RSPs, as well as free employee banking, wellness programs, and employee discount programs.
Career, culture, progression. You'll find it all here. Apply today. Job Purpose:
Contribute to the day-to-day operation of the 500+ Contact Centre by investigating, escalating and resolving procedural, systems and product issues impacting Service and Support areas. While the position primarily acts on behalf of the Halifax Contact Centre it does have some national responsibilities and the incumbent must liaise with other members of the management teams in the other sites. The position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Responsible for the fiscal management of the Centre, balancing the business volume and revenues with the cost of the business keeping in mind the Bank's short & long term objectives. The incumbent ensures effective administration of sound accounting operations, human resources management and financial reporting in accordance to Bank policy. The incumbent is also responsible for the supervision of the Operations Team as well as ongoing maintenance of the premises and all service contracts relating to the operation of the Centre. Key Accountabilities: 1. Ensure operations and premises conform to established regulations and procedures in support of a sales and service organization and the operating efficiency and accuracy are achieved by:
- Organizing, coordinating, implementing and managing an effective operational structure which efficiently deploys staff and other available resources; maintaining the Management Control Program through daily review procedures and follow-up of the Accounting Support Package and Automated Control Checklist system.
- Resolving operating errors through to correction, taking appropriate action in order to prevent recurrence
- Delegating and reviewing work preparation, evaluating operations and implementing procedural changes that meet Bank regulations and improve efficiency/accuracy of work flows;
- Ensuring timeliness, accuracy and details of Centre returns.
2. Contributes to the day-to-day operation of the Contact Centres by overseeing the investigation, escalation and resolution of procedural, systems and product issues impacting the Sales, Service and Support groups by:
- Providing for the safety and protection of staff by ensuring the Centre premises and equipment are maintained in a state of good repair; and ensuring proper security procedures are in place.
- Maintaining a functional knowledge of the Centre's hardware/software facilities in order to provide effective technical support and problem resolution.
- Identifying operational and procedural processes that will improve the Centre's overall productivity and efficiency.
- Contribute to the short and long term planning and strategy as a member of the Senior Management team.
- Ensuring and promoting operational effectiveness by providing leadership for the contact centre financial functions.
3. Effectively control the Atlantic Call Centre area by:
- Implementing and managing controls that ensure compliance with the Customer Service standards through the effective use of Sourcelink and Checkpoint.
- Ensuring issues raised by the telephone, email and support representatives are evaluated, resolved or escalated as required, logged and trended with a view to defining operational and training improvements within the site; nationally where required. Solutions to issues are communicated to the parties involved or to the general populace as required.
- Ensuring the Business Analysts are aware of the introduction of new functionality / products / campaigns so these officers are in a position to support the product / process / system once implementation is complete. Working with other operational and support groups such as Product groups, Banking Operations and Audit, ensures ongoing processes are in compliance with Bank standards
- Establishing and manage proper controls over systems access. Ensure all controls meet the established Bank standard and that access is given to only those officers that require same to carry out their daily functions / job responsibilities. Provides consultations and serve as a primary resource with respect to EBCC operations and procedures to various areas of the Bank and external groups including vendors
4. Maintain current with industry changes with regards to Call Centre environments to service increased customer expectations, including technology enhancements, call treatments, workload management and training opportunities. 5. Manage all necessary customer support administrative by ensuring:
- Participating in the annual Profit Plans with input on budget control management in relation to the operating expenses for the Customer Services/Sales and support areas.
- Providing accurate monthly and quarterly reports including complement reporting to senior management and head office.
- Ensuring workflow, organizational structure and complement levels are appropriate to business volume needs. Take action to continually improve productivity of the unit managed.
- Maintaining a level of expertise regarding the operation of the budget system. (INEA)
- Negotiating contracts, analyzing quotes, and preparing business case to support expenditures.
6. Lead and manage direct reports by:
- The audit of customer service entries is facilitated and procedures, key controls and automated Control Checklists are adhered to
- Quality service is provided to the Branches and customers of the Centre through efficient and accurate processing and adjustments of entries for retail products.
- At Home Agent set-up and follow-up. Liaise with Allstream to ensure that pricing, products and services are within Scotiabanks standards
- Centre engagement activities are promoted in conjunction with the communications manager. ( Centre celebration/reward)
- The effectiveness and efficiency of Support services are managed through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business line functions.
- Providing coaching, training and direction, as required, and in support of individual development plans.
- Conducting regular team meetings.
- Recognizing performance and managing non-performance issues.
- Establish and monitor goals for direct reports by: Defining appropriate high standards for self and others, negotiating goals and priorities and monitoring results, identifying initiating/directing tactical responses for ongoing improvement (Action Plans).
This position is located on Duke Street. Monday - Friday, standard day time hours with flexibility required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in operations or retail branch
- Excellent motivating, leadership, coaching and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize /delegate and deal with a variety of tasks and situations on an ongoing basis
- Excellent and developed communications skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Knowledge of HR/Operations policies is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of Bank regulations, policies, procedures, and operational functions
- Understanding of expense control and revenue generating requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Bank, Banking, Manager, Operations, Finance, Management
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019