Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Atlantic, Canada All Available Locations:
St. John's; Halifax; Saint John Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives on their acquisition and divestiture process? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team within a few days.What will your typical day look like?
Candidates will leverage a strong foundation in financial accounting and analysis, project management and communication skills, to take part in or lead full-service Deloitte diligence teams, liaising and building relationships with clients, financial advisors, investments banks, legal advisors, corporate lenders, and other stakeholders on an agreed scope of work.
Moreover, the successful candidate will be a critical experienced member of financial due diligence teams executing on or leading due diligence engagements for clients as well as develop solutions and recommendations on deal drivers such as, normalized EBITDA, deal price, working capital adjustments, earn-outs and acquisition synergies. You will also develop recommendations and commentary on the technical aspects of sale and purchase agreements, leveraging due diligence findings and prior deal experienceAbout the team
The Transaction Services team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team supports our clients in all stages of the M&A lifecycle through our One-Deloitte approach. We engage on deals of all sizes in in diverse industries. The team has successfully closed deals ranging from $5 million to $1 billion in value and serveprimarily mid-market private and public sector clients.Enough about us, let's talk about you #deloitteFA
You are someone with:
• 5+ years of relevant work experience, with 1+ year in transaction services / M&A experience
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail and can be adaptive to unstructured projects and timelines
• Completion or near completion of a CPA or other accounting designation is required
• Completion or in progress of a second designation (i.e. CFA, CBV, CF, etc.) is considered an assetOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive