At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. WW Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is focused on making Amazon the safest and most trusted company on earth for customers, brands, and selling partners and the best place to build a successful business. The CTPS group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) Finance team is looking for an outstanding Analytics Manager to join the Forecasting & Planning Research (FPR) team. You will be responsible for building and developing the analytics capability focusing on uncovering risks associated with different Amazon businesses. This role is highly visible to senior CTPS leadership. This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and outstanding business acumen with the ability to work across engineering, project manager, and operations teams. The successful candidate is one who thrives on understanding the CTPS business, its data sources, and answering challenging business questions to improve the effectiveness of the operation.
You are proactive in uncovering meaningful insights for the organization and bring a refined set of soft skills when evangelizing analytics best practices. Your strong management skills will be utilized to help coach, guide, and develop the team to deliver critical projects that meet business requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and driven by a desire to innovate in this space.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop the vision and manage the execution of Forecasting and Analytics roadmap.
- Drive a best in class analytics/intelligence for planning optimally.
- Build a team of Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers & Data Scientists to address key business problems.
- Deliver fresh insights to power improvements in the Risk functions.
- Dive deep into ambiguous business problems, and break them down in a structured way to develop hypothesis for data driven testing and analysis.
- Explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives.
- Work closely with Finance and Business partners to drive relevant projects onto the roadmap and ensure completion and ongoing data availability.
- Engage with the Amazon.com BI and analytics teams to rapidly benchmark progress, and learn from peer organizations.
About the team
Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) provides services and solutions aimed at protecting our customers from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing world-class support, and building loyalty with Amazon's millions of selling partners.
Forecasting & Planning Research (FPR) team in CTPS is responsible for estimating the potential future risk on the Amazon platform and its stores using state of art machine learning algorithms and is responsible for translating those estimates into the investigator headcount requirement in each country. The team consists of Data Scientists, Business Intelligence Engineers, Business Analysts and Program Managers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in the field of Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in applying analytics to answer business questions and provide actionable recommendations
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience with SQL, SAS, R (or similar tools) required
- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or related field
- Leader with experience setting a vision and guiding teams to produce high quality analytical (e.g. predictive models, applied statistics, econometrics, segmentation) solutions to enable business results
- Working understanding of big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Redshift) and delivery methodologies including agility (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience in e-commerce / on-line companies in fraud / risk control functions
- Exposure to software development process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.