In Canada, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team is comprised of seasoned professionals in seven offices. This team of dedicated professionals has financial accounting skills that includes IFRS as well as Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting processes, and in-depth knowledge of continuous disclosure requirements.
The Halifax FAAS team is expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice. The opportunity
As a FAAS manager, you will help finance leaders meet challenges that their teams are currently facing. You will work with them to achieve their potential acquisition, divestiture, process optimization, process digitization or accounting policy implementation. You will create innovative insights for clients and drive process optimization, use of new technologies and value creation for their organizations. Your key responsibilities
• Plan, manage and participate in various engagements (researching application of accounting standards, review financial and governance processes, accounting framework transition, comparison of different company practices, develop and provide tailored training, and others). • Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs. • Supervise engagement teams including delegation and review work performed. • Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching. Lead by example. • Establish and maintain relationship with client management. • Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments. • Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients. • Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. • Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. • Attend training programs to continually develop skills. • Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams. • Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network Skills and attributes for success
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills • Proven ability to lead a team and develop business opportunities • Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments • Excellent leadership and project management skills • Able to manage multiple engagements and deadline-driven To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 5-7 years' relevant experience along with Canadian CPA designation or equivalency • Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards • Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings • Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members • Impeccable client relationship skills • A dedication to teamwork and leadership • Good communication skills, with proficiency in English Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance