Requisition ID: 110732
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As Manager, Customer Care
, the incumbent Leads and oversees teams in Customer Contact Centres in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. What the Role Will Be:
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Ensuring that they develop a team of high-performing, subject matter experts with sound problem resolution skills. In addition, developing their CCAs to be knowledgeable, confident agents that focus on first contact resolution and deliver on personalized advice and solutions for our customers.
- Ensuring all CCAs have established annual performance objectives that are aligned with business plans and tracking individual performance against objectives. The Manager is also responsbile for preparing CCA PAR commentary and one-on-one delivery discussions.
- Engaging in coaching as an ongoing observational activity with CCAs by providing relevant feedback and coaching during live call observations, side by side, group coaching and skill building
- Reviewing CCA customer interactions including live calls, recorded calls, and service observations to identify coaching and development opportunities, common challenges within team and appropriate solutions.
- Regularly scheduling one-on-one coaching with CCAs to recognize success, help overcome obstacles and set focus thereby ensuring continued improvement of knowledge, efficiency and quality.
- Effectively managing direct and indirect reports of any performance and conduct concerns and working with HR and ER as required.
- Ensuring employee development is a priority for CCAs through regular PDP discussions.
- Ensuring regular visibility on the floor to foster and develop a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of employee engagement.
- Identifying, delivering and supporting training and developmental needs of team members
- Leading team meetings to acknowledge positive results, providing regular recognition of the CCAs for delivering exceptional customer experencies, and to communicate the team's focus.
- Support new CCAs with on-boarding and transition from training to the floor.
- Driving the internal communication process by ensuring the CCAs are aware of business changes, key projects, corporate goals and the Canadian Banking Strategy. In addition, any ongoing critical changes affecting customers and employees, in order to improve the day to day efficiency of the Centre as well as customer service overall.
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touch bases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing the knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate functions .
- Actively promote the delivery and achievement of industry leading customer service by:
- Having a clear understanding of the Centre's financial and non-financial goals and the fiscal year CCC strategy.
- Independently devising and implementing tactical responses to specific performance issues within the team to correct any negative trends.
- Acting as the first level escalation point for CCAs, resolving issues and negotiating compromises by proactively taking over a customer call (service recovery conversation/basic case investigation) when required. Leveraging these situations as coaching opportunities to provide direction, guidance and support to team members. Determines when escalations should be escalated to the Senior Manager and the Director.
- Acting as a change agent, leading, motivating and supporting CCAs through changes.
- Ensuring that every customer experience is consistent with the CCC service standards and providing value-add customer service through leading by example.
- Proactively identifying trends among team related to customer satisfaction/retention, CCA's knowledge, productivity, etc. and bringing forward to the Senior Manager with recommendations.
- Actively reviewing the CMS and Verint for short, medium and long calls to improve efficiency.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Skills You Already Have: Education:
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Post-secondary education in business or other related disciplines is an asset Work Experiences:
- Expert knowledge of Scotiabank's Retail and Small Business and Commercial products and services
- 3-5 years of industry experience preferably in a management or coach-type role
- Previous management/leadership experience required; excellent team leadership, strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong customer service experience, including a high degree of judgment/organizational skills and problem-solving skills to deal with diverse/complex customer service issues and demonstrated ability to negotiate resolutions to disputes
- Demonstrated change leadership, cross cultural leadership and a strong focus on the customer and results is a must.
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others
- High degree of flexibility required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative in creating new processes that support and help achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated relationship building skills to ensure co-operative working relationships with team members, colleagues and business partners
- Bilingual (French/English or Cantonese & Mandarin/English) is considered an asset
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Temporary, Customer Service, Finance, Technology, Contract
Banking, Finance and Insurance