Manager, Clinical Projects & Development (Neurology)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
New β Innovation Ltd. (NBI) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Director, CP&D the incumbent will oversee the planning, implementation, tracking of and reporting on all research projects that fall under the Neurology umbrella. The incumbent is responsible for managing the operations of the CP&D Neurology Team, including but not limited to: experimental design, performing experiments, analyzing data, and writing project summaries. The incumbent is also responsible for managing staff, liaising with third parties, as well as the administrative, budget, and ancillary actions of the CP&D Neurology Team.
- Establishing animal models for various neurological studies
- Designing animal experiments with clinically meaningful outcome parameters
- Conducting in vivo studies at contracted facilities
- Processing and analyzing tissue samples using histochemical and immunohistochemical methods
- Using primary and cell line culture, as well as molecular techniques to answer mechanistic questions
- Developing and managing collaborations and contractual work with third parties including contract administration
- Communicating effectively with medical professionals such as Vet Pathologists and Neurologists
- Managing an effective research team across two different work sites
- Transferring scientific findings into engaging presentations for both lay audiences and scientific groups
- Writing and reviewing scientific reports for internal use and regulatory agencies
- Managing lab spending, including requisition and payment release for all purchases, as well as budget preparation
- Developing and recommending measures and activities that improve productivity, effectiveness or efficiency of the department
- Providing training, coaching and mentoring to Neurology Team
- Participating in planning of department objectives and overseeing team work efforts to meet goals, project timelines and deliverables
- Developing and sustaining a collaborative, respectful team environment
- Ensuring team members are aware of job hazards and work with safety in mind at all times
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 5 – 10 years of Laboratory experience, with 2 years’ experience supervising a team
- PhD or MSc qualification in Neuroscience or equivalent science major
- Veterinary or other clinical background and knowledge of medical terminology is an asset
- Strong decision making skills with experience weighing up clinical needs and regulatory frameworks
- Strong leadership skills to maintain a motivated, effective and collaborative team
- Well organized and able to effectively manage multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, other departments, upper management, as well as third parties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively write reports and presentations
- Ability to act with tact, good judgement, and discretion; maintaining confidentiality of research, results and other matters as appropriate
- Complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: October 19, 2018