You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity
Are you a talented and proven leader who motivates teams and provides exceptional customer service?
We are looking for a Manager to join our dynamic Halifax Audit team. Our teams of professionals help our clients' manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
As part of the management team, you will be required to lead KPMG's audit teams and ensure the correct accounting practices and methodologies are applied to our clients. Clients will look to you to add value to their business throughout the audit engagement. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career while managing relationships with clients, practice leaders and junior staff. Join a winning team! What you will do
- Oversee and manage both large and small audits by applying KPMG's audit and accounting practices/methodologies on client engagements.
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan.
- Work with members of the assurance management group to meet the goals of the assurance financial plan.
- Apply project management skills to ensure engagements are completed within budget and time constraints.
- Counsel, train, and mentor audit staff.
- Apply data analytics procedures and concepts to risk and transaction identification.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to Your Success
- Must have obtained a Canadian CPA designation or International equivalent.
- Relevant and up to date working experience within a public practice accounting firm.
- Knowledge of Canadian auditing standards, ASPE
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation.
- Willingness to build a client base and add revenue.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills.
- Excellent client service with an aptitude for understanding the clients' business, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties.
- Mentoring and developing team members through performance management.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org