Permanent Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.Assurance Services group is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager/Assistant Manager in Assurance, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to market initiatives. You will:
About the team
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects
- Contribute to business developmen
- Review client deliverables prepared by junior staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel; Mentor and develop teams of advisory resources
Our Accounting Infrastructure Services team focuses on enabling CFO's and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and a broad range of Technology Advisory services from assessments, selections, and implementation advisory. The Technology team is a dynamic group who are focused on helping clients improve their financial services through the use of technology.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Must have CPA, CA designation
- Must have experience working in a finance role or in providing consulting and advisory services to finance functions
- Strong audit & advisory technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of IFRS, Public Sector Standards, internal controls and risk
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development
- Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: Process Redesign, Business IT Strategy, Corporate Strategy, or Shared Services
- Experience with ERP systems or other Financial Accounting systems is considered an asset
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons or different options)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills as well as strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities) with a proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production