GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Construction Administration group assigned to Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
construction projects is looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Inspector
to complete inspections as part of a team on Highway / Road / Bridge and Water construction projects.Your Responsibilities will include:
• Working safely and observing / working in conformance with GHD’s Behaviour-Based Safety culture;
• Completing day-to-day inspections of Highway / Road / Bridge and Sewer /
Watermain projects in accordance with client terms of reference and manuals;
• Working with Senior Inspectors and other team members to make payment
recommendations to Contract Administrator and client staff;
• Daily completion of project records / diary entries;
• Monitoring contractor work for compliance with contract specifications;
• Notifying supervisor of non-conformances observed;
• Working nights, weekends, extended shifts;
• Working overtime hours as necessary. Work is seasonal in nature and will
likely involve greater hours of work in summer than in winter months;
• Other duties as may be assigned.Skills, Competencies & Qualifications:
• Completion of Civil Engineering Technician or Technologist diploma, or
completion of Civil Engineering degree
• Past experience in construction field work is considered an asset;
• Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is essential to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Transportation and Warehousing