Are you looking to make a difference in people’s lives while directly impacting the growth of a scrappy high-growth startup? We are looking to add a talented person to join our team as a Junior Accountant. We are looking for someone who thrives in a small but energetic work environment, that takes pride in being detail oriented while being able to learn on the job every day.
● Reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts and reconcile our bank accounts on a regular basis
● Prepare month-end and year-end financial and management reports
● Manage accounts payable and payment of invoices
● Assist with HST monthly filing
● Implement internal control processes, accounting policies, and efficiency improvements
● Help process payroll and other HR related requests
● Prepare journal entries and month-end accruals
● Assist in various ad-hoc requests as it relates to accounting/finance
● Support the rest of team in analysis of large sets of data related to inventory movements, web analytics, and sales
● 2-3 years of experience in a finance or accounting role
● Completion of a post-secondary degree in accounting, business administration or related study
● Strong knowledge of accounting software and can learn new tools/software quickly
● Extremely detail oriented with a proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
● Strong analytical skills with expert knowledge of MS Excel
● Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
● Extremely proactive self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in their work
● You are coach-able, flexible and self-motivated. You can hit the ground running, and your drive to succeed is off the charts!
● High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
Connect with employer:
About optics research Limited
Optic Innovation Research INC is an integrative market research recruiting firm based in Toronto, ON focused on providing in-depth perspectives from a multitude of consumers, non-customers, and bra...