At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Media Inc. is seeking a part time PROMOTIONS REPRESENTATIVE to join our team as a fun and energetic station ambassador.
You will represent JACK 92.9 at the hottest events in and around the H.R.M. Reporting to the Promotions Coordinator and Program Director, the successful candidate will love being the center of attention; will tweet, post Facebook and Instagram updates; and make sure that our stations are well represented at an array of station driven and client events.
- Execute station events and on-site promotions, including set-up of various signage, equipment, and driving branded vehicles
- Attend all major station promotions, designated client promotions, and non-profit street team events as required
- Assist in sourcing events to support and attend; organize on-site aspects of community cruiser programs
- Proactively engage and interact with listeners, contest winners, clients and the general public
- Brand and market the Rogers radio properties in a professional manner to entertain crowds with music, games, prizing, etc.
- Establish strong relationships with other team members and key partners
- Maintain and take promotional inventory, including signage, prizing, and equipment in the station storage area; upkeep station vehicles
- Use and understand station social media pages while on location (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Able to perform cut-ins to promote presence at an event where necessary; upkeep cruiser pages on station websites
- Provide regular event feedback to Promotions Coordinator
- Assist Promotions team with office work such as preparing guest lists, preparing web contests, preparing wrap reports, analyzing contest
- results and other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of the H.R.M.
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public
- Must be able to take initiative, self-manage, and flourish in a team environment
- Independent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours weekends, evenings, and holidays - occasionally on short notice
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Wordpress, and video editing software an asset
- Previous radio experience an asset
- Must be willing to jump into other roles as needed by station
- Must hold a valid UNRESTRICTED CLASS 5 NS driver's license, and provide a clean drivers abstract
- Able to set up station equipment (lifting up to 35 pounds)
Part time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
6080 Young St. 9th Floor (003), Halifax, NS Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Programming Requisition ID:
182828 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Find similar jobs: