Amazon's IT Support is the first point of contact for technical support service requests. Our IT Support Associate II spends their day fielding incoming chats, calls, and online requests from Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide. The successful IT Support Associate II will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and demonstrate the ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide basic technical support to Amazon Corporate employees.
- Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received in a timely manner, in accordance with organizational standards.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identifying the appropriate resources, testing proposed fixes and following up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Create and submit detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of knowledge management.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Assist with remote assistance in Teleconferencing systems and AV presentation equipment.
- 1+ years of experience in IT help-desk or desk-side environment
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related field
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory), or A+ certification
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Office issues and hardware issues
- Basic networking and AV experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics