The IT Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the activities of projects in the technology portfolio Are we right for you...
We're passionate about people and creating sustainable, safe and affordable public transit solutions to residents across BC. We are an organization that has a people-first approach and considers people first in every business decision that we make. We are part of the solution and what we do matters; from fighting climate change with battery electric buses, to affordability through cost effective transportation, to connecting remote communities, we bring the heart, soul and innovation to public transportation.
It's an exciting time to be in the public transportation sector and we're looking for a creative and passionate leader to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization, but you'd also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you! What you'll be doing...
Our Project Coordinators are key members of our Project teams and we see this role as a developmental stream into future Project Manager positions.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Technology Projects, The IT Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the activities of projects in the technology portfolio to ensure cost, schedule, scope, document control and quality standards are met.
Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is expected to perform tasks that range from the simple to more complex, including schedule and risk management, managing and updating project documentation, project financials, reporting, contract & task administration, along with project status updates.
Some travel is required in this role depending on project needs.
To view the full job description and accountabilities for this role, please click here. What you'll bring to the table...
What we'll bring to the table...
- Demonstrated coursework in Project Management or progress towards a Project Management certification
- Relevant work experience in project coordination
- Previous project coordination of IT projects would be an asset, but is not essential
- Strong financial administrative skills, including cash-flow tracking and forecasting
- Proven ability to thrive in high volume, deadline driven environments
What next steps could look like...
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you
- Membership in a "gold plated" defined benefit pension plan, meaning it's the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retire
- Access to fitness and lifestyle centers to help you take care of your physical fitness and health
- Various programs that support employees such as an Employee Assistance Program and health and wellness initiatives and events aimed at fostering your mental health
- A complimentary employee bus pass (plus taxable dependent passes)
- A corporate learning and development program to help you in continuous career growth
- An employee recognition program where we all recognize each other's successes (not just your Leaders!)
- A social club that gives you access to events throughout Victoria
Interviews will be conducted on June 14th and 15th, 2023
An eligibility list for future full time regular and temporary full time vacancies may be established
The position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Search.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
BC Transit is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If the organization identifies this position as a reasonable accommodation for an existing employee, all candidates will be notified as soon as reasonably possible. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Nanaimo, BC, Duncan, BC, Gulf Islands, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level