You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG Forensic helps uncover the facts and create clarity when people and organizations do not agree, or where financial and business behaviour does not comply with expectations. Our professionals can offer support after an incident to help our clients investigate allegations of fraud and misconduct, quantify losses in a commercial dispute, provide expert witness services, and recover damages. We also get involved before any incident has occurred - to help address exploitable weaknesses in corporate processes and systems. Our national team includes investigative accountants, business valuators, analysts, forensic technology experts, former police officers and others with specialized skills. What you will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
What you bring to the role
- Working closely with Senior Managers and Partners in providing client service and carrying out the day-to-day field work on a variety of assignments. This includes achieving quality and timeliness of working papers and deliverables. The candidate will often be responsible for managing several engagements at one time.
- Performing detailed and often complex financial analysis.
- Assisting with interviews of individuals who have knowledge of, or are allegedly involved in, fraud or misconduct or other engagement related matters.
- Preparing file documentation and ensuring appropriate document management.
- Assisting with the preparation of written reports summarizing our procedures and findings. Assisting in establishing and monitoring project budgets, ensuring timely billing and collections, etc. Assisting the Partners in new client evaluation, engagement acceptance and related risk management practices.
- Supervision of junior employees on engagements and administrative projects. Sharing in the administrative tasks related to the operation of KPMG Forensic.
- Actively participating in marketing and business development at a Manager level. This will include developing your professional network, attending networking events, writing articles, preparing and delivering presentations and other activities to raise your profile within the business community.
- A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
- 4+ years of professional experience including at least 1 year in a forensic or similar role and 2+ years of assurance/audit experience.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation required. Business degree required.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze large amounts of information.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access). Additionally, experience with data analytics, SQL database or eDiscovery software such as Relativity is an asset.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation, Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credential and Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation are assets.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.