MDA is beginning the development of a cloud based project. It' s for a cutting edge single-page application on modern, open micro-service architecture in a back-end cloud-based environment. The application will provide mission management services across Canada. A specialized MDA team will build this application to customer specifications. The team requires front-end, back-end and full-stack software engineers to work in a fast-paced, inclusive code development environment to achieve this goal.
This position will allow the candidate to fully experience modern software development as well as participate in the broader field of systems engineering. The candidate will leverage the latest cloud-based technology to deliver a robust military-grade distributed micro-service application and assist in the subsequent maintenance of the modernized mission management services through addressing customer work requests. Responsibilities
- Translating use-cases into code,
- Writing and editing documents,
- Enabling work-flows through a modern web UI,
- Presenting a practical 2D/3D geographical information service (GIS),
- Creating robust interfaces to government furnished enterprise service bus,
- Unit testing and documentation, and
- Excellent communication - some interaction with the customer may be required
- Computer Science, Computer/ Engineering degree or certificate from a recognized institute,
- Participation in relevant software development, including detailed design through to test and support,
- Structured unit testing and regression testing,
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize deliverables,
- Effective communication, both verbal and written,
- Strong team player as well as an individual contributor, and
- Enhanced reliability
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Angular, React, or Vue frameworks
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Kafka, GRPC, REST, or similar communication protocols
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational DBMS
- Experience with Redis, MongoDB, or other key-value DBMS,
- Experience with monitoring and observability-related technologies such as Prometheus, Honeycomb, Grafana, ELK
Positions available in Halifax.
Successful candidate(s) must hold or be able to obtain necessary security clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile