We are seeking an intermediate software engineer to join the team, with a minimum of 5 years of proven working experience in C++.
MDA is building the next generation Mine Warfare and C4I Systems for the Canadian Navy. The Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels (MCDV) Operations Room System is a complex geospatial application which interfaces with leading edge acoustic sensors, remote and autonomous underwater vehicles, and ship sensors and integrates a back-end data acquisition system with a comprehensive geo-spatial database, interfacing with shore based intelligence, analysis and surveillance systems. It enables route survey, mine warfare and maritime surveillance from the Navy&rsquo s Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel. Responsibilities
- Integration of COTS software tools into a Windows & Linux environment / Oracle GIS database
- Development of User Interface in accordance with customer imposed standards
- Development of sophisticated Data Management and Sonar Control solutions
- Integration of Subsystem and Sensor Interfaces
- Complex software test case construction and execution
- Development and provision of application training to DND end-users
Would be considered an asset
- Academic and work experience with Windows, C++, and TCP/IP.
- Computer Science, Engineering or Math/Physics degree.
- Ability to understand and work with complex software requirement specifications
- Minimum 5 years proven working experience as a C++ Application Developer in a systems integration project
- Excellent problem solving skills and verbal / written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in OODA methodologies and Design Patterns
- Experience with Visual C++ in Visual Studio environment
- Experience developing in Java
- Experience with NMEA-183 interface protocols
- Experience using and developing in Linux
- GIS /geo-coded imagery experience
- Sonar (or radar) imagery and applications,
- Oracle and/or Postgres Database
- Experience with RS-232/422
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems and interfaces is desirable.
Candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: October 18, 2018
Closes: December 17, 2018