MDA Halifax is seeking an experienced software developer to assist in the expansion and maintenance of the VICTORIA Class Submarine Command Team Trainer (VSCTT).
The VSCTT is a large legacy trainer involving real and simulated systems operating in a synthetic environment. It is in the early stages of rework both to keep pace with the submarine as well as a change in role from stand-alone simulation to participant in joint exercises.
The successful candidate will join the VSCTT In-Service Support (ISS) team, a small group which is responsible full life-cycle control of the simulator. Every member has a strong influence upon the direction and success of the rework and the maintenance activities which will follow. This is a challenging position with a high profile within the organization and is an excellent opportunity for a skilled intermediate developer. Responsibilities
- Software engineering within a complex simulation architecture consisting of diverse hardware and software.
- Execution of the complete software life-cycle from specification through delivery and support.
- Investigation of legacy systems for defects and potential for enhancement.
- Integration of in-house and third-party systems into the simulation architecture.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math/Physics from a recognized University
Would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in C++.
- Experience developing parallel distributed systems.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- 2 or more years of work experience in software design.
- Experience with maintenance of large code bases (in excess of one million lines).
- Experience with distributed simulation architectures (HLA, DIS).
- Experience supporting deployed systems in the field, including excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- User interface design experience.
- Experience porting code between operating systems and languages.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a NATO Secret Security and Controlled Goods clearances
Posted: October 18, 2018
Closes: December 17, 2018