Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
The Intermediate Integration/Developer Specialists, will be a key member of the Business Service regional and global team which will report to the Global Integration Architect Lead.
The primary responsibility of the Intermediate integration developer specialist is to facilitate via translation tools the conversion of data files, including implementation of end-to-end data flow. This position will work closely with project managers, business services leads, external companies, and the enterprise architects.
This individual will prioritize workload, monitor system performance and provide expertise on integration and knowledge management related matters.Job Description:
Major Job Functions
- Design, delivery and support of Global enterprise interface application systems (under the direction of the Senior Integration/Developer Specialist) (50%)
- Assist in work sessions with business service leads and stakeholders to design, provide, and test interface solutions. Having the responsibility to document and confirm solutions readiness for presentation to Change Advisory Board for deployment approvals. (20%)
- Provide regional and global guidance and support of Global Finning Integration Systems. (15%)
- Work closely with CAT and other external companies on integration requirements (10%)
- Identify opportunities through technical changes that will improve existing applications and processes (5%)
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need - new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view. Embrace the mindset you and Finning are never done, never satisfied, never standing still.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Finning.
- Courage: Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.
- Strong focus on service and working in a service delivery environment
- Strong influencing skills and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; delivers engaging, informative, well thought out presentations
- Analytical abilities, ability to work effectively with Business and IT Leaders.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze large datasets and make metrics based recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated ability to use multi-media approaches to communicate to a wide and decentralized audience.
- Outcome Focus - experience with outcome-oriented planning and implementation; respects schedules and works as part of a team to meet schedule milestones
- Team Focus - understands team dynamics and works extremely well on a team
- Communication - effective and efficient verbal and written communication skills: good listener
- Ability to determine and transform client needs/strategies into suitable solutions
- Creative problem solving - can view issues from a big picture perspective as well as apply attention to details
- Flexibility - ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks in a fluid and fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Caterpillar interfaces.
- Ability to determine data sets required for solutions
- Experience with Workday Integration Systems and Report Writing technologies (EIB, Cloud Connectors, Workday Studio)
- Understanding and experience with Cloud based technologies (iPaaS, SaaS, IaaS) and design techniques.
- Experience with ERP programs and architecture (Infor M3, SAP, ...)
- Competency in TCP/IP networking, Windows OS and Software
- Describe in specific, clear, and concise statements accountabilities that support the key responsibilities or major functions of the role. Accountabilities are both within the control of the role (i.e., what they have the authority to do) and what the role is answerable for in terms of decisions, approvals, outcomes, commitments, results, deliverables, or recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with Business Service Leader, Service Lead, Project Teams, and Business leads in the design, development and implementation of programs, policies and strategies to meet business needs and program goals.
- Provide expertise, consultation, and coaching.
- Assist in developing strategies, programs and processes to support interface applications and manage performance including SLA's agreed, support tools, support service review approaches and processes.
- Assist in the deployment of programs, tools and processes by providing consultation and support to Global Integrations Architect Lead.
- Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business and D&IT leaders to inform decisions (support service performance, report of critical issues, configuration improvements, opportunities for new applications and tools and other data).
- Facilitates governance model to gain alignment and approval on roadmap, projects and changes. Working closely with the enterprise architectural and project teams to ensure standards are enforced according to the governance model.
- Monitor interfaces for optimal performance. Analyze issues and take appropriate corrective action if performance issues are identified.
- Perform thorough QA testing to ensure all interfaces are at the highest availability and quality.
- Define scope, develop work plans, track status, and provide regular reports on progress and any issues.
Education & Experience
- Professional degree in related Business and/or IT discipline is required.
- 5-10 years of IT experience
- 5+ years progressively responsible, professional IT experience designing, programming, maintaining, and optimizing system interfaces.
- 5+ years' experience with interface engines; which ideally includes 3+ years' recent experience with IBM Websphere Message Broker & MQ or Dell Boomi.
- Experience in the development of complex, real-time interfaces in a TCP/IP (Communication Protocol) environment.
- 5+ years of data transformation knowledge.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Information Technology