MDA Halifax has won a NATO contract to provision the Functional Services for Command and Control of Maritime Operations (TRITON). This is exciting work that builds on work that MDA has already done with RCN and DND over the last 20 years. As we branch out into new arenas and expand our work we need to grow our team to grow our expertise in Command and Control. Our office is growing rapidly, and opportunities for growth are exploding.
We are looking for highly motivated and capable software engineers for our Halifax office this is your opportunity to join a team where you can increase your knowledge and experience in a variety of areas. Responsibilities
As a Front End software engineer, you will participate in the full development life-cycle, including planning work, providing development estimates and following through with architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. This shall include:
- Creating solutions that are attractive to customers, technically competitive, cost-effective, supportable and maintainable.
- Working from requirements and mock-ups to develop or modify very complex software applications.
- Work with other software engineers on software design.
- Design, code, test, debug and document high quality web applications.
Nice to Have
- A Technologist certificate or a University Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years of experience in software development (including co-op terms)
- Desire to learn
- Knowledge of basic software algorithms and how to reuse software libraries
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with the desire and ability to work well within a dynamic agile team environment.
- Knowledge of Angular/ Typescript development
- Experience developing User Interface mock-ups and wireframes
- Experience with RESTful web APIs and endpoints
- Experience with Geospatial data services (e.g. OGC standards) and tools is plus
- Experience with Websockets communication protocol is a plus
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development and Domain-Driven Design is plus
See how your career can grow with MDA. Please include a cover letter with your application describing a project you participated in, briefly relate the project to the above requirements, and describe the main obstacles you faced on the project and how you overcame them.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain a NATO Level II Security Clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile