Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Overview of responsibilities
• Project managing or coordinating EA and permitting projects in Nova Scotia and other Atlantic provinces.
• Managing monitoring programs for various clients including quarries and mine sites. Work may include carrying out and supporting field work operations such as subsurface investigations oversight of drilling & monitoring well installation, well development, soil and groundwater sampling, and stream flow measurements;
• Providing direction and oversight to junior field staff;
• Working with and providing support to other members of the group in assisting with other field and office activities as required;
• Traveling (generally within the province) may be required;
• Preparation of summary letters/reports, permit applications, data tables, scopes of work, health and safety plans, and cost estimates.
Skills and qualifications:
• 5-10 years of relevant experience;
• A post-secondary education in environmental engineering or environmental science, or a related discipline. Registered for professional registration in NS as applicable.
• Mine and quarry experience is considered an asset;
• Must own a reliable vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Experienced in project managment;
• Ability to exercise sound judgment;
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Team player, cooperate with other staff;
• Ability to meet challenging deadlines;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Bilingual capabilities considered an asset
• Strong organizational skills.
• Familiar with MS Office
• Familiarity with ArcGIS products considered an asset
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
#32 - StackAdapt - Working at a Fast Growing Company