6141 Young St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K2A5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. Why is this role important?What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- To direct and supervise all meat staff to secure efficient and courteous customer service
- Ensure production is moved efficiently from the receiver to the meat cutter and then to the wrapper
- To respond immediately to any customer inquiries, requests and complaints, ensuring courteous customer relations at all times
- To maximize sales and gross profit, ensuring sales' goals and budgets are met
- To hire all part-time staff and train new employees
- To schedule all meat clerks ensuring the strict control of wage costs
- To interpret and administer Company policy and ensure compliance with the union contract
- Responsible for maintaining the condition of all fresh counters, freezers and coolers
- To ensure the safety and sanitation of the department
How You'll Succeed:
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which include days, evenings, night shifts, and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Accept responsibility for fresh meat production
- Three to five years' experience in the retail meat industry
- Prior management experience a definite asset
- Grade 12 Diploma with a Meat Cutter Apprenticeship Certificate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us. Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.