The MDA team in Halifax is beginning the implementation of a cutting edge, cloud based application. This application will bring modern programming capabilities to MDAs existing expertise in Command and Control interfaces.
This position will allow the candidate to fully experience modern software development as well as participate in the broader field of systems engineering. The candidate will leverage the latest cloud-based technology to deliver a robust military-grade distributed micro-service application.
The candidate will be joining an established team, working closely with the development team to provide support and direction with the establishment of clear test procedures and establish the desired outcomes during the software development process. Responsibilities
The System Validation and Test Lead will work closely with the development team to provide support and direction with the establishment of clear test procedures to establish desired outcomes. In this, they will be responsible for generating test procedures and test cases and running test procedures for major test events.
- Deliver the System Validation Plan (SVP)
- Organize front-end, back-end and architecture qualification campaigns
- Migrate legacy system end-to-end test procedures to the test environment
- Prepare the Test Environment with help from the Development and Operations Teams
- Prepare Test Readiness Review (TRR) agendas, satisfy all Test Readiness Review entry Criteria and have met all Test Exit Review Criteria
- Generate Software Test Description and Software Test Procedures
- Execute Test Events
- Collate Test Results and deliver Test Reports for test events
- Delegate work to team members as appropriate
- Organize Defect Tracking and Status Reporting
- Support IV& V activities and requests
- Support QA activities and requests
- Previous experience in leading a software testing role with customer interactions
- Demonstrated experience showing ability to organize a successful Acceptance Test event
- Familiarity with all test events involved in a major software application
- Familiarity with requirement management techniques
- Familiarity with automated test management techniques
- Familiarity with issue tracking system, such as JIRA
- Firm understanding of CM
- Understanding of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) for Test Automation
Position available in Halifax.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold Secret clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile