Industrial Engineering Intern (Part-Time, Winter 2022)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.Working within the manufacturing engineering group, the industrial engineering intern will support the manufacturing activities of a wide variety of analytical and measurement product lines. The intern will participate in various activities related to industrial engineering by providing technical support and advice. He/she will work on the development of assembly methods and procedures for our products.Your responsibilities
- Organize the layout of the production area;
- Recommend improvements to current work methods;
- Implement tools to support production;
- Write work procedures;
- Estimate production costs;
- Optimize production.
More about us
- Bachelor's degree student in industrial engineering or DEC student in an appropriate discipline
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement methods
- Knowledge of MS Office tools
- Autonomy, initiative, concern for order and quality, ability to communicate and work in a team
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, in French and English.
- In addition to your technical skills, we are looking for someone who is passionate, resourceful and rigorous. Your ability to work as part of a team must be strong due to the nature of our projects. Your ability to integrate and to listen will be an essential asset for you to evolve well in the organisation.
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.