Who we are:
Staples Canada is The Working and Learning Company; we are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. We are always looking for people who are curious, approachable, passionate and solution finders.
Let's work, learn and grow together. We are building an inclusive and diverse team:
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Some of what you will do:
As the Human Resources Business Partner, you will work closely with your client group to solve problems and to embrace new business initiatives. Working with the District Manager and Store teams, you will spend your days championing change and modelling our culture. Specifically, you will:
• Serve as a trusted advisor on all people matters in your districts. • Educate store managers and regional leaders on the best practices for employee engagement and talent management. • Ensure your stores are attracting and developing the best talent • Promote a healthy, safe and engaged work place in all of your interactions. • Communicate in a concise and clear way to all the different audiences you encounter. • Partner with different leaders in the organization to help deliver business results. • Participate in regional and national projects that align to our business drivers. Some of what you will need:
• 3 years of Human Resources experience including employee relations and recruitment. •Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset Some of what you will get
• Previous work in a customer centric environment including retail, food service, and/or hospitality
• Demonstrated ability to guide change initiatives • A bachelor's degree or certificate in Human Resources or another applicable area of study • Strong computer and organizational skills • Ability to be a dynamic, inspiring partner to our customers and for our associates • Curious • Approachable • Passionate • Solutions Finder
• Associate discount • Health and Dental benefits • RRSP/DPSP • Performance bonuses • Learning & Development programs • And more... Additional Information
• The role demands ability to travel when required - approximately 25% of time.