Want to join an exciting and growing company? PowerSchool has several staff that live in the Okanagan and we're looking for more locals to join our team.
We have always been a remote based team and will continue to be even after everyone is immunized for Covid - that means, you get to work from home and don't have to ever wear office attire while you commute to and from work!
This position, under the general direction of the Atrieve Technical Services Group Manager, will be a member of the team responsible for providing systems administration of the servers and related technologies used in the hosted environment for the Atrieve product line.
The team will be taking on a major project this year to migrate to a private cloud and is looking for an extraordinary team member that will help ensure success!
Work includes installation and configuration, optimization, monitoring, and maintenance of application servers to meet user needs and maximize system performance, availability and security of all hosted systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Configure and optimize private cloud servers for optimal performance
- Successfully migrate servers from hosted cloud to private cloud
- Perform daily system administration tasks to verify that all systems are up and running
- Installation and configuration of software in virtualized environments to ensure high availability
- Monitor and troubleshoot application issues to ensure high availability, optimal performance and system responsiveness
- Operate and maintain orchestration routines in production
- Complete periodic application software updates and software version upgrades
- Install and configure new customer environments as needed
- Execute as a member of a team following a well-defined Agile SDLC
- Execute any SDLC tasks including requirements definition, design, development, peer review, testing, documentation, release, deployment, operations, maintenance
- Perform root cause analysis for production issues where the root cause is in infrastructure, environment, configuration, or deployment routines; understand when to escalate to product development teams; remediate root causes and implement preventative actions
- Troubleshoot application performance issues and engage Help Desk or IT Support as needed to identify and resolve the issue
- Performs database monitoring and troubleshoots database performance issues
- Uses customer management system to provide status on open customer issues and properly verifies when an issue can be closed
- Participate in afterhours maintenance when necessary, respond to emergencies, participate in customer calls when called upon in support of initiatives and incident response
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
How to Apply
- 5+ years' experience in systems administration role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent degree required
- Professional experience in configuring and managing Microsoft Hyper-V in hosting operations
- Experience in configuring Converge infrastructure
- Proficiency in Powershell and other scripting tools for automation of sys admin tasks
- Proficiency in Linux administration
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, and has good listening skills
- Must have strong organizational skills to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
To apply, go to - http://www.powerschool.com/company/careers/job/?referencenumber=2021-2953&location=CA-
Also, check out our other jobs, including:
- Customer Support Rep for our ERP application - http://www.powerschool.com/company/careers/job/?referencenumber=2021-2821&location=CA-
- Senior Technical Support Analyst - http://www.powerschool.com/company/careers/job/?referencenumber=2021-2851&location=CA-