Requisition ID: 98748
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Home Financing Officer (HFO) is responsible for providing residential mortgage processing and administrative support to sales management within Home Financing Solutions. To do this the incumbent assists designated Home Financing Advisor(s) with the co-ordination of mortgage deals, including documentation, meeting with customers and is often the first point of contact with the underwriting (ACMUC) and funding (CMU) centers should there be issues or questions.
The incumbent provides customer service in a manner consistent with the ScotiaService Standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures.
1. Provide administrative and processing support to Home Financing Advisors (HFAs) by:
- Meeting with clients to conduct credit interviews, to obtain customer information required for inputting and submitting the mortgage applications through the automated application system called IMAPP;
- Discussing cross-sell opportunities with clients at time of application;
- Obtaining the mandatory documentation from the customers to support the application submission;
- Preparing the credit package and forwarding to the adjudication center for credit approval;
- Collecting documents from customers to satisfy outstanding conditions in conjunction with the HFA and the Servicing Branch;
- Maintain a consistent review of the online system to obtain status of applications and outstanding conditions, liaising with the adjudication center (ACMUC) directly, contacting customers and updating the HFA as needed;
- Preparing turnover sheet for Servicing Branch to communicate the terms of the approval/cross sells and prepare the 'closer' to finalize the deal;
- Assisting HFA with managing pre-approved and approved files by contacting customers in order to maximize sales opportunities;
- Preparing marketing material packages for HFA to distribute to referral sources;
- Assisting HFA with maintaining customer and referral sources database using Salesforce , recording all activity, realtor referrals and benefits;
- Assisting the HFA achieve their sales and cross-sell goals through the identification and satisfaction of customer needs;
- Contribute to the provision of human, straightforward and knowledgeable service through your daily interactions, to foster a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with customers and business partners.
2. Ensure the delivery of a high standard of customer service that is consistent with ScotiaService Standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures by:
- Consistently demonstrating the expected service standards during customer interactions;
- Presenting a professional image;
- In conjunction with your HFA, apply business development techniques to manage a network of referral sources such as: Realtors, Lawyers and other Centres of Influence.
- Investigating and resolving issues/customer complaints raised by customers, branches, ACMUC and/or solicitors;
- Ensuring a high level of professionalism is maintained during all interactions when dealing with customers, branch staff, solicitors, underwriters and other Financial Institutions;
- Facilitating prompt turnaround times and ensuring accuracy, courtesy and knowledgeable service when dealing with clients and/or external mortgage referral sources;
- Maintaining the confidentiality of Bank and customer information;
- Being fully aware of and complying with the Bank's Privacy Code and Guidelines for Business Conduct
3. Maintain strict adherence to established operating and security procedures by:
- Adhering to established Bank regulations and procedures within assigned authority and responsibility;
- Reporting any unusual occurrences, fraudulent activity or issues/deficiencies/trends to the supervisor and/or Regional Director immediately;
- Completing all required training (e.g.: Anti Money laundering; Guidelines for Business Conduct).
Flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions. Strong PC skills are essential as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of sales, customer correspondence and information gathering activities.
Strong verbal communication skills are essential - must be able to effectively articulate their views to team members, customers and prospective customers.
The following functional competencies are required:
- Expert knowledge of applicable Branch systems (ie: Sales Builder, Intralink)
- Good knowledge of products and services sold by Home Financing Solutions salesforce
- Knowledge and understanding of competitor mortgage product offerings
- Good knowledge of retail credit risk/adjudication policies and processes.
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Business Development, Underwriter, Developer, Finance, Sales, Insurance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance