Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver Our Purpose
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Partner and solve the most complex problems.
Make an impact with our Higher Education clients, in our local communities and with your teams.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to reflect contemporary Canada. You love to wrestle down data puzzles, you embrace the potential that data represents, you aspire to solve data problems no one else can, and above all, you want to use data to make impacts that matter in Higher Education.What will your typical day look like?
In this senior role, you will work with our clients to deliver solutions for their technical and strategic challenges. Your involvement in the Canadian Higher Education industry will include fostering relationships within the industry, selling and driving business, contributing to intellectual eminence, and linking our myriad of Data Modernization and Analytics services to potential clients. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of solution architecture. Lastly, every day, you will work in and environment that encourages you to bring your whole self to the opportunities ahead and be strengthened by the team with whom you work.About the team
Our Higher Education practice
is the undisputed leader in Canada, containing the best and brightest consultants and serving the industry for over 20 years. Our clients see the rapid changes happening in their institutions and look to us for guidance: from modernized student experiences, to back office technology optimization, to driving informed decision via AI and big-data, all while navigating the future of work and future of education. Omnia AI, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence (AI) practice is comprised of a collaborative team of experts who use their hands-on experience with cutting-edge information assets to facilitate successful AI transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
Our Data Modernization & Analytics
team helps clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on-premise - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverage a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes.
We fundamentally believe that modernized, efficient, effective and impactful education has a pivotal role to play in leading change in the world and our consultants are helping shape that. We have experienced team members coast-to-coast and we are truly a national team. Our nature is collegial, and our impact is insightful.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is:
• Proficient and experienced (minimum 10+ years) with project delivery, prior professional services work, and technology project management (Data Architecture, AI/ML, specific experience is an asset)
• Passionate about Higher Education, including staying up to date with trends and the market and you have an active interest in changing what Higher Education will look like in 10 to 15 years
• Adept at understanding the Higher Education business, business pain points, and has an ability to converse easily and credibly with business leaders
• 2-3 years of experience with analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of analytics services
• 2-3 years implementation experience with data warehouse architectures, data vaults, dimensional models, and/or star schema designs implemented on MPP, in-memory/columnar databases, cloud-based and/or RDBMS platforms
• Experience with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
• Completed Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desiredOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Equity, Developer, Computer Science, Project Manager, Data Architect, Finance, Technology, Data