Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.This is a temporary, part time position, working at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital from 0930-1330 (9:30am-1:30pm) Monday-Thursday and Friday 1000-1300 (10:00am-1:00pm).
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct patrols making accurate reports and memos regarding all incidents
• Enforces parking regulations by patrolling assigned site(s), issuing warnings and/or violation notices in accordance with parking enforcement guidelines, redirecting parkers to appropriate parking areas.
• Conducts vacant stall counts as required at various times of the day to monitor traffic volume and identify opportunities to improve parking services.
• Collects parking revenue from automated parking payment equipment.
• Check and replenishes change and paper stock in automated parking payment equipment and clean equipment solar panels as needed.
• Report all equipment failures and problems to Parking Services for technical follow-up.
• During patrols, makes note of infrastructure and other repairs needs, parking lot hazards and incidents, reporting such to Protective Services and Parking Services in a timely manner.
• Provides escort to parking booth attendants from booth to cash reconciliation location at the end of shift.
• Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities, and records of contested citations.
• Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
• Maintain close communications with Site-Supervisor, using two-way radios.
• Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
• Respond to citizen complaints regarding parking offences or concerns.
Demonstrate competency in English to the extent of reading and understanding written regulations, orders and instructions, and be able to compose legible reports
Ability to make quick decisions in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
Physically able to walk up to 30+ kilometers each day for foot patrol
Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records
Ability to handle private information with a high amount of discretion
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Part-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security