Head End Technician
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us. Scope
As a member of the Access Network Department, you will be responsible for and participate in all activities in the headend and associated facilities. These activities include preparing and packaging all services carried on the network. Responsibilities
- Quick and effective troubleshooting to diagnose systems failures and working with contractors to quickly resolve or mitigate interruption in services
- Basic preventative maintenance of equipment and services
- Systematically troubleshoot various facilities systems
- A working knowledge of UPS systems and associated switch gear
- A working knowledge of standby generator systems and associated switch gear
- A working knowledge of sprinkler systems/ fire alarms systems testing, building management systems
- Work with the Network Implementation group to install and activate new equipment.
- Perform monthly generator testing.
- Maintain and support sparing process for all headend equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly headend clean up.
- Perform weekly power system audits.
- Perform on-call and shift work duties to cover evenings, weekends and maintenance window activity.
- Ensure the proper documentation for services, equipment, and facilities are updated as required.
- Manage a diverse workload as well as manage contractor activity.
- Travel to sites across the company as required.
- This position will be required to be able to fully support and perform plant maintenance duties.
- This position will be required to support Rogers for Business (R4B) platforms and solutions
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines are enforced by both internal and external visitors to the Headend
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Comprehension of common predictive and preventative maintenance techniques
- Proven discretionary judgment with ability to resolve both routine and non-routine issues.
- Attention to detail with an ability to follow through on project objectives.
- Proven communication skills and exceptional service attitude
- Ability to work in a team based environment with other facilities and technology professionals
- Willing to work flexible shifts and schedules during the day, night, and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a multi-tasking environment
- General knowledge of electric systems and components
- Sound IP and network architecture knowledge, including setup, troubleshooting, and maintenance is a definite asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of DVM's and other associated electrical/mechanical measurement tools
- Experience working with hand tools
- Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical blueprints and single line diagrams
- College diploma in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Full knowledge of maintenance technician duties and the ability to perform these duties.
- Willingness to work overtime and any shift in support of a 7x24 operation
- Strong computer skills in MS-Office, VISIO, AutoCAD, and Outlook, and sound knowledge of digital, RF, XGSPON, and Video technology are considered a definite asset for this role.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 6080 Young St. 9th Floor (003), Halifax, NS
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Hardware
Requisition ID: 247215
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Halifax, NS, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Technology, Engineering
Engineering Information Technology