Amazon is seeking Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join one of our teams with in the General and Administration (G&A) development teams. We offer new development, challenging problems to solve, latest technologies, global scaling , visibility, and career growth. Our teams provide scalable solutions to our ever-growing company that support our internal employees, clients, customers, and Amazon's global expansion initiatives by applying machine learning that process 20 billion transactions monthly. These applications and services are used by our teams globally.
Are you interested in designing and developing high performance globally scaling systems and products that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation and have higher visibility? If so, Amazon's G&A teams are for you.
• Seattle, WA (HQ)
• Arlington, VA (HQ2)
• Boston, MA
• Jersey City, NJ
• San Diego, CA
• Santa Monica, CA
• Dallas, TX
• Austin, TX
• Houston, TX
• Denver, CO
• Atlanta, GA
• Research Triangle Park, NC
• Canada: Toronto and Vancouver
Key job responsibilities
To be successful on this journey, you should love having the highest standard for yourself and others you work with while always looking for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused, understand multiple customers' challenges, and constantly looking for ways to pursue them.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure the highest quality for all deliverables
• Work with the product managers to define and refine the business and functional requirements and translate those into technical specifications
• Work closely with other engineers while leading the design, implementation, and deployment of applications and systems at a large scale.
• Contribute to the management and execution of project plans and goals
• Own the delivery of integral pieces of a system or application
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in unison with business and project management efforts
• Mentor and develop other engineersBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of experience with large scale distributed systems and service-oriented architecture
• 5+ years of experience in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with Amazon Web Services or Cloud Services
• Experience with big data platforms
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming