The MDA team in Halifax is beginning the implementation of a cutting edge, cloud based application. This application will bring modern programming capabilities to MDAs existing expertise in Command and Control interfaces.
This position will allow the candidate to fully experience modern software development as well as participate in the broader field of systems engineering. The candidate will leverage the latest cloud-based technology to deliver a robust military-grade distributed micro-service application.
As a Front - End Intermediate Software Engineer, you shall participate in the full development life-cycle, including planning work, providing development estimates and following through with architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. Responsibilities
- Create solutions that are attractive to customers, technically competitive, cost-effective, supportable and maintainable,
- Work from requirements and mock-ups to develop or modify very complex software applications,
- Design, code, test, debug and document high quality web applications,
- Participate in integration, testing and deployment of applications,
- Assist in troubleshooting problems in the production environments,
- Identify and incorporate new technology in line with long-term goals,
- Follow established development process and corporate technical quality standards,
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our development processes,
- Take pride and ownership in every line of code you write.
Successful candidates will have some combination of the following capabilities, experience and skills:
- A University Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience,
- 4+ years of experience in software development,
- Participation in relevant software development, including detailed design through to test and support,
- Experience in creating production strength software that has been used by hundreds or thousands of users,
- Experience with automated testing. Participation in structured unit testing and regression testing,
- Understanding Geospatial data services (e.g. OGC standards) and tools
- Familiarity with integrating different software technologies into large software systems
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints,
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Success as a team player with the desire and ability to work well within a dynamic agile team environment.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Well versed in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure,
- Experienced with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Angular, React, or Vue frameworks,
- Familiarity with Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker,
- Knowledge of Kafka, GRPC, REST, or similar communication protocols,
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational DBMS,
- Experience with Redis, MongoDB, or other key-value DBMS,
- Familiarity with monitoring and observability-related technologies such as Prometheus, Honeycomb, Grafana, ELK.
Position is located in Halifax.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile