LOCATION FLEXIBILITY AVAILABLE: Candidates can work from our Vancouver or Toronto offices.
Technology is giving the beauty industry a makeover! Are you interested to disrupt and redefine the way customers buy Beauty products online? Are you interested in using the latest advances in machine learning, computer vision, and big-data technologies to build online customer experiences for Beauty products that can equal or even surpass an in-store experience? Amazon Beauty is reinventing the shopping experience for all beauty customers across the largest selection of brands to become the most trusted beauty destination. Beauty is unique in retail with a diverse customer set along with products that are emotional, fun, and creative. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor to build something entirely new and transform an industry!
To achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technological challenges every day. We need builders and disruptors who are not afraid to innovate! Our architecture and development processes support rapid experimentation, global deployments, and self-service capabilities that allow us to scale better.
- Amazon scale systems: All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving millions of customers with millisecond-level latency.
- Immersive customer experiences: We will create elevated and immersive customer experiences that using cutting-edge UI-technologies and user-centric design patterns.
- Computer Vision and augmented reality (AR) experiences: We bring exciting experiences directly to the customer's mobile phone using their cameras and combinations of computer vision and AR.
- Personalization using machine learning: We will be working with machine learning (ML) technologies such as recommendation algorithms and reinforced learning to provide better-personalized shopping experiences.
- Data & analytics pipelines: Amazon is data-driven, and a robust data backbone is necessary for our systems. We build on core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SageMaker, StepFunctions, etc.
- Multi-device support: We build for all traditional surfaces - desktop browsers, mobile browsers, and mobile applications.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for talented and innovation-driven frontend and mobile engineers who are passionate about raising the bar on building immersive and elevated customer experiences. You will have an opportunity to revolutionize the customer shopping experience across the world's most extensive catalog of beauty products. You will be directly responsible for designing, developing, and deploying innovative solutions in iOS, Android, and web applications. You will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, applied scientists, and the broader Amazon tech community to build frontend and customer-facing software solutions that enhance the beauty shopping experience across all surfaces, including desktop and mobile devices. You will use cutting-edge design methodologies and UX patterns to build low-latency, secure, and reusable software for our iOS, Android, and/or web applications.
About the team
Amazon Beauty Tech is a rapidly expanding division within the Consumables organization. We are a passionate group of engineers, scientists, product managers, and designers who drive technological innovation to improve the customer shopping experience. We have a startup-like work culture where innovation is encouraged; we are never afraid to propose big ideas for fear of failing!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or related fields.
- Familiarity with one or more front-end framework (React, React Native, Vue, Angular).
- 2+ years of experience in building and shipping Mobile or Web Applications.
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SageMaker.
- Proficient with software design approaches and UX patterns.
- Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Understand how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and startup-like environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming