FO 21R - Financial Business Analyst
Financial Officer R21
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$63,446.31 - $72,142.65 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Finance and Corporate Services
Job Summary 2 Full Time positions - FO 21 - Financial Business AnalystApply yourfinancial expertise in this integral role
Financial Services Branch within the Ministry offers a complete range of financial and management services to support the ministry's strategic direction and lead the ministry's system of financial administration. Financial Planning and Reporting Department within the Branch tracks, monitors and reports on cost drivers, risks, opportunities, and mitigation strategies. The departmentleads the development of financial information for the Estimates process, including the tracking and implementation decisions, consolidates the monthly forecasts, prepares variance analyses and financial information for Executive.
The purpose of this position is to provide advisory services in the preparation of annual budgets; conduct proactive reporting and analysis of financial information; participate in the development and maintenance of a framework for setting, measuring, analyzing, and reporting on financial performance; integrate the reporting of financial and operational results; and assess and make recommendations on the financial implications of new initiatives.Job Requirements:
- Completion of CPA PEP Common Modules with a minimum of two (2) years related* experience, OR
- BC Public Service Financial Management Certificate with a minimum 2 years related* experience, OR
- Diploma, Bachelor's degree or higher in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or a related field with a minimum 2 years related* experience.
- *Related experience includes:
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Risk mitigation strategies
- Corporate support and advise
- Development of executive summaries
- Financial systems and controls, including operations and policy.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Carla.Dube@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Two full time positions available.
This position can be performed from any of the following communities: Victoria, Vancouver or Surrey.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and/or permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Banking, Finance and Insurance