Title: First Nations, Inuit and Metis - Customer Care Advisor (Halifax)
Requisition ID: 86987
When you join our Customer Contact Centre, you're joining an internationally recognized, award-winning workplace that has been 188 years in the making that delivers superior customer care for our customers. In your career as a Scotiabanker, you can expect to experience the support of a culture built around recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and our core values of respect, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Your skills and abilities will be nurtured and supported by banking leaders, with the focus of long-term success and development. At Scotiabank, we value diversity and what it brings to our teams and client experiences. From day one of your new career, you will enjoy an extensive suite of customizable benefits, wellness programs, pension, free employee banking, and employee discount programs. You will be welcomed into the Scotiabank Indigenous community, where you will be able to connect, share, and learn with our Indigenous team members and their allies. Our team:
Our Customer Contact Centre team is the heart of our operation and our Customer Care Advisors excel at identifying customer banking needs and providing customized solutions that result in memorable experiences for our customers.
With our focus on making daily banking more convenient and accessible through digital banking options, we have experienced impressive growth each year in the number of customers who connect with us digitally. At the same time, our call volumes also continue to rise as our business engages in new, impactful ways to contribute to communities and continue to shape how we do business. What you'll be doing:
Skills and traits, you already have and what you will learn:
- As a Customer Care Advisor, you'll field a high volume of interactions with our Canadian banking customers and off them personalized advice and solutions.
- You'll resolve immediate customer inquiries and use your natural curiosity to focus on identifying new opportunities to improve the customer experience.
Hiring and training details:
- You self-identify as First Nations/Inuit/Metis
- You're passionate about customer service and have a least one year of experience in customer-focused roles where you've analyzed needs, provided advice and offered customer solutions.
- You know your way around a computer and can easily multitask between numerous internal platforms, while dealing directly with your customers.
- You have a keyboarding speed of 25+ wpm and a high school diploma (or a recognized equivalent) complete the basic requirements.
- You're a strong communicator destined to make the customer experience uniquely personal and a champion of the Scotiabank brand.
- You're curious and able to thrive in an ever-changing environment. You're also eager to accept training, coaching, and professional development opportunities that will enable you to succeed in your current role - and beyond
- You're a team player who is committed to supporting an exceptional customer experience when volumes require support.
- Our Customer Contact Centre is located at Scotia Square - 5201 Duke Street, Haifax, NS
- Position Start Date: August 4 th , 2020
- Position Status: Full-time Regular (37.5 hours)
- Training is mandatory and non-negotiable
- Training Duration: 5-6 weeks
- Training Schedule: August-September, Time TBD
Shifts after Training:
- Candidates must be flexible to work anytime within our hours of operation (7 am - Midnight, Monday through Sunday [EST]).
- Permanent, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of the training.
We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment, and your work schedule will be fixed, once assigned; not subject to rotation.
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Call Center, Bank, Banking, Developer, Customer Service, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing