At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high standard of quality, ensuring that all Rogers Technical, Construction and Safety Standards & Policies are strictly adhered to.
- Project coordination, reviewing of plans, schedules, and BOMs, constructing, activating, and working with multiple contractor resources.
- Construct and activate fiber circuits, as well as coordinate, schedule and monitor contractor forces where required.
- Ensure that project information and updates are recorded/reported to the correct parties in a timely, accurate and in a professional manner.
- Liaise with appropriate departments in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Accountable for the successes and challenges of project deliveries.
- Recognize, identify, and correct potential problems and offer viable solutions.
- Prepare and complete concise reports.
- Hands on experience of fiber splicing, testing, characterization, documentation and troubleshooting.
- Test, research and implement all new equipment and test equipment and processes into network construction.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related Company policies.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and working relationship between fellow employees and contractors.
- Minimum grade 12 education, preferably post-secondary electronics diploma.
- Five years CATV experience.
- Must be familiar with CSA and utility specifications.
- Effective organization and communication skills required in coordinating multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Valid NB driver's license.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Working hours and shifts will include maintenance window activities.
- Ability to occasionally travel.
- Ability to achieve results through teamwork.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 7071 Bayers Road, Suite 4001 (235), Halifax, NS
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 249179
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Halifax, NS, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Technician, Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Research
Engineering Information Technology