At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to system planners / network specialists related to fibre optic route selection, ensuring optimum cost effectiveness and performance of our existing and expanding fibre network.
- Plan end-to-end fibre solution and/or provide instructions to support staff and engineering contractors for the successful delivery of plan.
- Complete projects in accordance with engineering specifications, planning requirements and delivered on time.
- Produce Splice diagrams, Review and update Asbuilt information in SpatialNet, keep track of fiber availability in Network, maximize use of fiber architecture, and provide transport circuit routing & CLFI naming.
- Prepare fibre cost estimates (FERS) and produce CAs, BOMs and POs for projects.
- Assist other Rogers's departments to resolve any escalations.
- Accountable for the maintenance and upkeep and data integrity of the asset data associated with the fibre network.
- Provide support for the operation, maintenance, and restoration of the fibre network.
- Interpret OTDR/CD/PMD traces, loss measurements and other fibre characterization specifications for circuit acceptance.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Post-Secondary education in telecommunications or a related field.
- Sound knowledge of Fibre Optic Networks Telecommunications Environments experience is mandatory.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in Outside Plant Engineering.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications, AutoCAD, SpatialNET.
- Experience in managing multiple, simultaneous, high volume projects.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for tracking progress across many projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational, written, verbal and time management skills.
- Ability to achieve results through teamwork.
- Ability to occasionally travel.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 7071 Bayers Road, Suite 4001 (235), Halifax, NS
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 250695
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Halifax, NS, CA Fredericton, NB, CA Saint John, NB, CA Moncton, NB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Technology, Engineering