Permanent Reference code
:119126 Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
Halifax, NS Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
• You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve theimpact you seek, faster.
• You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want towork, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildlysuccessful.
• You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you canbring your whole self to work. Are you a passionate individual looking for a new career opportunity? Interested in learning more about office operations? Look below!What will your typical day look like?
We are currently looking for an energetic, results-oriented dedicated Client Experience professional with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to join our Business Operations team in Halifax office. Their scope of services will include Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Hospitality Services, Mail & Courier and Records Management.
The candidate must be detail oriented, proactive and should be able to work independently, multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following primary duties:
• Meet and greet clients at the reception desk; maintain neat and orderly reception desk at all times;
• Answer telephone and assist callers and serve as daily back-up for phones in other Atlantic offices, as required;
• Support regional records lead in local office activity;
• Accounts payable support in relation to local office expenses;
• Book visiting guests into our space scheduling system;
• Reserve meeting rooms and co-ordinate catering requests for meetings;
• Ensure appropriate meeting room set-up and clean-up, including technology and server duties;
• Assist with maintaining kitchen supplies and office supply inventories, including restocking of supply cabinets;
• Respond to and/or inform Business Operations Manager of any facilities concerns (i.e., lights, HVAC issues, etc.);
• Address and fix minor technical issues with office equipment; co-ordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment with vendors;
• Assist staff and clients with various inquiries/direct them to the appropriate person to address the request and/or resolve the issue;
• Assist clients, partners and staff with various administrative duties, as required (e.g., word processing, printing, etc.);
• Health & Safety program: Fire Warden, First Aid & OHS committee
• Assist the Business Operations Manager and the rest of the team with other various tasks as required;
• Apply knowledge of the firm's various software, processes, policies and tools;
• Communicate with the client when there are questions or issues to be addressed;
• Additional duties include Expense report support; Data entry; Scan, print and bind material; and, Assemble and deliver proposal packages
• Manage mail, fax and courier packages, Distribute security access cards
• Able to lift 30lbsAbout the team
The members of the Business Operations team possess a practical body of knowledge that is applied in the delivery of office support. It includes jobs in the areas of procurement, mailroom, security, concierge, delivery and distribution, reception, records, telecommunications, hoteling resource management and facilities management. The Business Operations role draws upon knowledge of the specific function discipline and the organization's business practices to provide services to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the organization. The Business Operations group is seeking a Facilities Coordinator for our Halifax area offices.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Experience in a receptionist role (or similar experience);
• Experience working with senior professionals in a fast-paced environment, often with tight deadlines;
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
• Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role;
• Support for the agile workplace including location of space reservation of required resources;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Attention to detail is critical
• Proactive and highly organized with an exceptional ability to multi-task;
• Flexibility to meet the scheduling requirements which includes shifts that generally start at 8:30am and finish at 5:00pm. Overtime may occasionally be required;
• Ability to respond to requests in a timely manner;
• Strong commitment to client service and continuous improvement;
• Commitment to a client-service mindset, including respect for firm and client confidentiality and the ability to demonstrate discretion as required on client, market (or other) sensitive matters
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Mailroom, Accounts Payable, Records Management, Data Entry, Supply, Operations, Finance, Records, Administrative