In Canada, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team is comprised of seasoned professionals in seven offices. This team of dedicated professionals has financial accounting skills that includes IFRS as well as Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting processes, and in-depth knowledge of continuous disclosure requirements.
The Halifax FAAS team is expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
As a FAAS senior, you will help finance leaders meet challenges that their teams are currently facing. You will work with them to achieve their potential acquisition, divestiture, process optimization, process digitization or accounting policy implementation. You will create innovative insights for clients and drive process optimization, use of new technologies and value creation for their organizations. Your key responsibilities
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year. • Establish expectations of value to be delivered. • Participate in performing Canadian GAAP and IFRS analysis procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues. • Create reports and other deliverables. • Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. • Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client. • Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. • Delegate work successfully. • Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example. • Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. • Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams. • Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed. • Generate new business opportunities. • Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services. • Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally. Skills and attributes for success
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills • Proven ability to lead a team and develop business opportunities • Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments • Excellent leadership and project management skills • Able to manage multiple engagements and deadline-driven To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 3-5 years' relevant experience along with CPA, CA designation or equivalency • Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards • Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings • Impeccable client relationship skills • A dedication to teamwork and leadership • Good communication skills, with proficiency in English Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance