Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization.
OurHalifaxoffice is looking to fillanEnvironmental Scientistpositionin our growing Canadian Operations. Overview of responsibilities
Skills and qualifications (
- Project managing biophysical and permitting scopes of work for clients in various industries.
- Coordinating internal GHD environmental disciplines and external sub-consultants
- Attending and presenting in client meetings
- Coordinating and attending public consultation events (e.g., open houses, information sessions, meetings)
- Preparing environmental assessments, technical reports and environmental discipline specific documentation
- Preparing proposals for permitting and biophysical studies in Atlantic Canada
Scientist will also be considered if they meet the qualification requirements) :
- A post-secondary education in biology, environmental science, or a related discipline
- 5 - 7 years project experience with a specific focus within the natural resource, mining and energy sectors (e.g., EA, mining company or mine projects, etc.)
- Experience in managing biophysical studies and permitting scopes in Atlantic Canada.
- Experience in all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids, field work oversite, to data analysis and reporting
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Past experience in biophysical work to support contaminated sites programs is a benefit.