Environmental & Closure Project Manager
Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization.
office is looking to fillaProject Manager
positionin our growing Canadian Operations. Overview of responsibilities
Skills and qualifications (
- Support the team working on a diverse range of clients and engineering projects including environmental permitting, demolition and site closure projects
- Project managing biophysical and permitting scopes of work for clients in various industries.
- Produce design calculations and contribute to the formulation of design concepts and technical specifications for demolition and site closure projects
- Assist in quantity take-off and cost estimating assignments
- Coordinating internal GHD environmental disciplines and external sub-consultants
- Attending and presenting in client meetings
- Coordinating and attending public consultation events (e.g., open houses, information sessions, meetings)
- Preparing environmental assessments, technical reports and environmental discipline specific documentation
- Preparing proposals for permitting,biophysical studies, demolition plans and site closure studies in Atlantic Canada
- Deliver and be accountable for technical assignments
Scientist will also be considered if they meet the qualification requirements):
- A post-secondary education in biology, environmental science, civil engineering or a related discipline
- 5 - 7 years project experience with a specific focus within the natural resource, mining and energy sectors (e.g., EA, mining company or mine projects, etc.) or site closure.
- Experience in managing biophysical studies and permitting scopes in Atlantic Canada.
- Quantity take-off and/or estimating experience is advantageous
- Experience in all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids, field work oversite, to data analysis and reporting
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Past experience in biophysical work to support contaminated sites programs is a benefit.
- Adaptability and a flexible approach to working across a variety of projects
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Management and Executive