LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS PIVOTAL POWER INC., Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group.
What it’s like working at DRS Pivotal Power!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, and more!
This position is responsible for working with the Engineering Team to assist with the design, evaluation and testing of power electronic components, circuits and systems. Strong troubleshooting skills are a must.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applies electronic theory, principles of electrical circuits, testing procedures and related knowledge to construct and debug power electronics circuitry in relation to the design of power conversion equipment.
- Utilizes test equipment to perform functional, operational and environmental tests on equipment to established criteria to determine acceptability. Evaluates performance of equipment and compliance with procedures.
- Generates test procedures for new products and optimizes existing procedures where applicable.
- Reads and interprets diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and technical manuals for repair and diagnostic information.
- Performs troubleshooting and failure analysis on products and documents results. Design, build and/or procurement of new or improved tools, fixtures, jigs and coordinating the implementation.
- Analyzes, records, and interprets test data to determine product acceptability. Recommends changes in method or installation specifications to simplify tests or reduce test times.
- Involved in the design, development, modification and analysis of various electronics systems. Supports engineering with a variety of complex engineering duties and/or hands on tasks.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and meet work schedules
- Ability to manage multiple technical assignments
- Maintain positive working relationships with other team members.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to complete standard technical reports
- Good interpersonal skills required to interact effectively within team environment
- Demonstrates initiative and applies it on-the-job
- Dependable and flexible
- Demonstrated integrative thinking and problem solving skills
- Electronics Technician diploma or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 5-7+ years of related work experience within a fast paced electronics manufacturing environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic equipment
- Experience reading schematics and engineering specs
- Must have technical competency and good manual dexterity
- Ability to analyze and interpret test data
- Must have basic design capabilities and integration/troubleshooting skills
- Printed Circuit Card (PCB) design capabilities considered an asset (proficiency with Autodesk Eagle preferred)
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. The successful candidate(s) must fulfill requirements for Canadian security clearance. DRS Pivotal Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada
Manufacturing and Production