The Senior Account Manager, Corporate Finance is accountable to relationship manage a portfolio of existing senior debt Corporate Finance clients, reviewing and enhancing financial solutions while managing risk. Based on an in-depth understanding of the regional market, this role will retain, sustain and grow the assigned portfolio of existing corporate finance clients. This role is accountable for sourcing new and profitable Corporate Finance Division opportunities, booking new senior debt opportunities under the direction or coordination of the Senior Relationship Manager, and transferring Corporate Finance Division non-senior debt opportunities to the appropriate manager and/or product line accountability.
The Senior Account Manager, Corporate Finance will apply effective and professional consultative sales and business development principles, practices and techniques to identify, negotiate, structure and provide the initial underwriting for unique, complex business transactions, making credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements and regulations. Accountabilities:Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness:
• Lead the development, implementation, review and revision of 1 - 2 year Relationship Development and Sales Plan, focusing on identifying opportunities that will strengthen and build existing profitable relationships and obtain new sales that will result in meeting or exceeding revenue and service targets.• Manage the risk of the assigned complex portfolio in a timely and precise manner, focusing on quality of information, analysis, profitability, and credit recommendations to ensure the profitable execution of sales of credit/non-credit products and services to Corporate Finance clients. Directly manage the annual review process, interim reviews, specified quarterly reports and resolution of exceptions advised by Portfolio Management. Sales and Service:
• Maintain accurate documentation and manage the timely validation from the Portfolio Management Group that security continues to exist with all registrations to ensure adherence to prescribed policies and procedures and overall safety of the Bank's position.
• Investigate, analyze and resolve client questions and issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Be highly visible in the marketplace to proactively, and with a long-term focus (i.e. 12 - 24 months), develop an internal and external network of sources to identify sales opportunities This will include Commercial Account Managers, financial investors, financial professionals & consultants.• Apply relationship selling and relationship management principles and techniques to an assigned portfolio of senior debt Corporate Finance clients, reviewing and enhancing holistic financial solutions to meet all commercial and personal banking needs. Retain, and maintain existing clients to ensure organic and economic revenue growth within the portfolio. Find new sales opportunities, both Senior Debt and non-Senior Debt, both inside the portfolio and with new clients. Planning:
• Work as part of the deal team on new client acquisitions; establish a working relationship with key decision makers, seamlessly assuming accountability for risk and relationship management of the client into the assigned portfolio when appropriate.
• Apply resourceful business development and relationship management skills and sales/service principles, practices and techniques, to support the achievement of target level revenues through the sale of customized commercial/senior debt products and services
• Leverage technology and profitability tools to identify & refer sales opportunities to ensure optimal effectiveness in the profitable delivery of Commercial products and services
• Review and monitor revenue, profitability and service performance against plan, identify gaps, address accordingly and share best practices Risk Management:
• Manage a 1 - 2-year Sales and Relationship Development Plan focusing on identifying individual current and potential customer needs and opportunities that will result in meeting or exceeding revenue and service targets.
• Work with the partner SRM, the District and other deal team partners in the Corporate Finance & District planning processes, as appropriate
• Develop and co-ordinate individual relationship planning, implementation and review activities with key BMO Partner Groups (All Corporate Finance LOBs, Commercial Banking, IBG, PCG, etc.) identifying opportunities to ensure client's needs and expectations are profitably met and/or exceeded.
• Review revenue and service plans on an ongoing basis to reflect opportunities and changes in assigned portfolio and competitive regional market environment; develop an action plan, and update Vice President on any changes that may impact the Business Plan
• Protect the Bank's assets and maintain portfolio quality by adhering to Commercial lending processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines. Ensure all aspects of Corporate Finance business is in conformity with Bank Policies and prescribed guidelines Skills and Knowledge:
• Ensure that accurate comprehensive investigation; analysis and due diligence is conducted in the documentation of acceptable transactions sourced for adjudication under the Commercial Lending Process.
• Manage risk and minimize losses by ensuring compliance requirements, audits, and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures and all legal, regulatory and ethical requirements
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Commercial products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated.
• Exercise individually held Commercial unilateral discretionary limits, ensuring credit decisions and recommendations are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with the Bank's policies and related procedures completing analysis; confirming security valuations; completing and under Commercial Lending Policy.
• Initiate engagement of SRM and Credit early in the process when significant deteriorating trends are evident, working with them to engage other BMO specialty roles &/or SAMU, as appropriate to ensure Bank assets are adequately protected
• Adhere to Know Your Client Rules and Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money launderin g.
• Business Acumen In-depth • Business Valuation Working • Conflict Management & Resolution In-depth • Environmental Understanding In-depth • Financial Understanding In-depth • Negotiation In-depth • Problem Solving In-depth • Relationship Management In-depth • Risk Management In-depth • Sales & Service Processes In-depth
• Credit Adjudication Experience • Credit Qualifications Required • In-depth understanding of Commercial Products, Commercial Lending Process, Commercial Lending Directive, supporting processes and technology We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance