Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
5178 St Margaret's Bay Rd, Upper Tantallon, Nova Scotia, B3Z 4H3
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.Department Manager - Produce INTERIM POSITION (Halifax Market) - Currently supporting Tantallon Superstore #313
- In this INTERIM
role, you will be responsible for the fresh perishable and hardline products for Produce, Fresh To Go (Salad Bar) and Floral departments within the store. As part of our Management Team, you will be a mentor and leader, developing your team through succession planning initiatives, supporting our Care, Ownership, Respect, and Excellence (CORE) Values. Part of your responsibility as a Department Manager will include weekly rotational responsibilities/ participation as part of our Manager on Duty rotation.No Previous Retail or Management Experience?At Loblaw, we offer a comprehensive training program to the successful applicant. While the successful applicant may benefit from having Food Service/Restaurant or Retail Store Experience or previous experience leading/managing a team, we are on the lookout for a candidate willing to learn and take on a new career in Retail.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- To direct and supervise all Produce, FTG, and Floral staff to secure efficient in stock position and courteous customer service
- Ensure productivity within all areas is efficient, achieving expectations within each department.
- To respond immediately to any customer inquiries, requests and complaints, ensuring courteous customer relations at all times
- To maximize sales and gross profit, ensuring sales' goals and budgets are met
- To hire all part-time staff and train new employees
- To support and schedule all colleagues ensuring compliance with our scheduling practices and the strict control of wage costs
- To interpret and administer Company policy and ensure compliance with the Employee Guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining the condition of all service counters, production areas and offices (5's standards)
- To ensure the safety and sanitation and overall conditions of the sales floor, back shop, coolers, for each department
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which include days, evenings, (a periodic night shift if needed), and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Accept responsibility for department metrics, leadership and colleague engagement.
- Three to five years' experience in the food service/ retail service industry considered beneficial
- Prior management experience considered beneficial
- Grade 12 Diploma (GED or equivalent)
We're looking for Talented Passionate Leaders with a proven record of delighting customers and growing sales. As a Manager in one of our stores, you will have an immediate impact on sales and customer satisfaction.
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you! Apply today!
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.