Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
PO Box 41 155 Reserve St, Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, B1A 4W3
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.Department Manager - Bakery Department Manager - Bakery - Cape Breton Market (Currently supporting the Glace Bay Superstore) No Previous Retail or Management Experience? At Loblaw, we offer a comprehensive training program to the successful applicant. While the successful applicant may benefit from having Retail Store Experience, bakery (baker) experience, or previous experience leading/managing a team, we are on the lookout for a candidate willing to learn and take on a new career in Retail! What You'll Do in Your Role As A Department Manager:
What You'll Need:
- To direct and supervise all bakery staff to secure efficient and courteous customer service
- Ensure productivity is maximized from the production areas to the sales floor achieving expectations within the department.
- To respond immediately to any customer inquiries, requests and complaints, ensuring courteous customer relations.
- To maximize sales and gross profit, ensuring sales' goals and budgets are met
- To hire all part-time staff and train new employees
- To support and schedule all colleagues ensuring the control of wage costs and scheduling guidelines.
- To interpret and administer Company policy and ensure compliance with the Employee Guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining the condition of all service counters, production areas and offices (5's standards)
- To ensure the safety and sanitation of the department following all applicable Food Safety & Health & Safety Protocols and Policies.
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which include days, evenings, periodic night shifts, and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Accept responsibility for department metrics, leadership and colleague engagement.
- Three to five years' experience in the retail service industry considered beneficial
- Prior management experience considered beneficial
- Grade 12 Diploma (GED or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.