Position at Absolute Software
We are seeking to add a Data Warehouse / ETL Developer to our team to support our existing data warehouse infrastructure and work on new initiatives.
We are looking for individuals who can work independently but should also feel comfortable working cooperatively and taking direction to deliver solutions which align with business priorities. Responsibilities:
- Shares responsibility to ensure that the existing daily ETL pipeline completes successfully.
- Shares responsibility to remediate data warehouse and ETL failures if they arise.
- Help create or modify ETL routines to reflect changing business needs.
- Model/design new database objects as needed.
- Share team responsibilities for restore/recovery of the existing ETL / data warehouse as needed.
- Share support of our existing on-prem data replication tool.
- Maintain appropriate background and support documentation on our internal wiki.
- Engage with business leaders and analysts to document/triage change requests and business questions.
- Work with other areas of IT as needed for capacity planning, platform patching, DR planning and performance monitoring.
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- 4+ years of Microsoft SSIS ETL development experience specifically related to data warehouse ETL solutioning.
- 3+ years of Microsoft SQL Server development experience (versions 2014 and higher) related to data warehouse solutioning. Including table, view, index, function, stored procedure and other DDL/DML related development.
- 3+ years of experience developing data warehouse solutions based on dimensional modelling principles.
- 2+ years of business analysis / requirements gathering experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience with application / data migrations.
- Experience/exposure to git/bitbucket or similar version control systems.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or NetSuite ERP data sources as part of a data pipeline.
- Experience with Jira for activity / work tracking.
- Experience with agile development principles in the context of data warehouse / ETL solutioning.
Nice to have
- Tableau (2020 or higher) development/admin experience.
- Experience using data modelling tools such as ERWin, ER/Studio, SqlDBM or similar tools.
- Cloud development/deployment experience (Azure preferred).
- Development experience with Snowflake cloud database and/or cloud ELT tools.
- Knowledge or experience with data governance, data quality, data profiling tools/processes.
Note : We cannot provide immigration and/or work visa sponsorship. Only citizens or permanent residents with legal work authorization in Canada or the United States will be considered. Why Work For Us:
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel .
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.