Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary; Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office. Are you passionate about data and technology solutions, driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution? Are you enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development? If you answered yes, then we have an opportunity waiting for you!What will your typical day look like?
As a Data Governance Specialist
, you will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in the management and governance of data solutions including data governance, data quality, data classification, data lineage and data cataloguing. Specifically, you will:
• Build data governance operating models and implement data governance solutions based on industry-standard governance frameworks
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders including executives, IT representatives, business leaders and the analytics/AI user community to understand data challenges and identify solutions for remediation
• Plan/schedule tasks, lead small development teams, and mentor junior colleaguesAbout the teamOmnia AI, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence practice
is comprised of specialized experts with hands-on experience, and cutting-edge information assets that facilitate successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
As a member of our Data Modernization & Analytics team
within our Omnia AI practice, you will help our clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on-premises - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• 2+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling, data standards)
• 1+ year(s) Data Governance execution and/or operationalization experience
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams while endorsing leadership role
• Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products with impeccable verbal and written communication skills
• User or Implementation experience with data governance capabilities such as metadata ingestion, data mapping, business lineage & traceability, policy management, governance/quality metrics development & reporting, workflow and issue management, data stewardship management (roles and responsibilities), data classification and/or data catalogue management
• Understanding of data governance technologies such as Collibra, Informatica AXON, Alation and/or IBM IGC is nice to have
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team please apply now. We know your career is important to you and it's important to us, too. This role is just the first step of a highly successful career we can help you build.Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Data Architect, Data Modeler, Cloud, Consulting, Database, Data, Technology
Management and Executive